Sunday, August 23, 2009

My "Take Care of Financial Business" Challenge

Katy over at The NonConsumer Advocate has issued a "Take Care of Financial Business" Challenge. I feel like reading her post has finally given me the push I needed to take care of some financial business. Frugality is a big part of my quest to live a life of greater simplicity, and in the spirit of living a simpler, more fulfilling life, I am challenging myself to take care of the following items in the next week:

1. Take care of all outstanding bills.
2. Organize my coupons.
3. Open up a high-yield savings account.
4. Explore the option of cheaper health insurance.
5. Take advantage of two discounts through the employee discount program I'm now eligible for.
7. Update my July-August expense charts.
8. Set up a Financial Wall Chart according to the guidelines outlined in Your Money or Your Life.
9. Locate all my gift cards and spend them!

So, this is a start. I will come back and update this list as the week goes on. I will also be posting daily on both my progress and what I've learned through the process.

No comments: