Sunday, July 12, 2009

Resuming the 29 Day Challenge... Day #16

Well, life has been a bit hectic lately, but I think I'm settling back into some sort of routine and am ready to get back on-board with the 29 Day Challenge. I am getting together a car-full of treasures in the garage to donate to the local Goodwill and am also researching how recycling works in the new town I just moved to. They don't have curbside pick-up and so I have to locate the nearest recycling center and see how they want the materials divided. It overwhelms me just a bit that recycling is not standard everywhere and reminds me just how far we still have to go in terms of the choices we as a society make about what we value and how those values manifest, or fail to manifest, themselves in our policies and daily routines alike.

Today I am going to give away some time and TLC to the house. I am going to finish vacuuming, do laundry, and make sure this home knows I love and care for it, even though I'm a very new resident here...

No comments: