Saturday, July 25, 2009

I've Been Remiss...

I have to admit, lately the only reason I've come to my blog site is so that I could use it as a portal to check other blogs that I read daily. Starting now, I vow to be remiss no more. I feel I have a lot of things to say, and even if they prove to be important to no one but myself, it is still helpful to post these ideas and get them out of there.

First of all, I'm resuming the 29 Day Challenge... really, I am. I am picking up with Day #17 today.
What I'm Giving Away: Another bag full of clothes
To Whom: The local Goodwill
Why & Misc Thoughts: I still have too much damn stuff... Why have clothes sitting in my closet collecting dust when they might go to other homes where they will be worn and made useful.

I must say that moving has turned me into a temporary super-consumer. I need to reverse that trend right now. For example, last night I walked into IKEA to pick up two items and ended up walking out with about twenty. And even though I bought one of their nifty 59-cent reusable bags, I'm hoping that I won't be venturing near an IKEA or any other type of consumer-trap any time soon. My willpower is just not yet strong enough, so I'm better off avoiding the places all together.

On a different note, I have been holding out on buying a new blender. I really, really want a blender, especially the more I read about all the amazing recipes on fatfreevegan.com and other recipe websites that require blending certain ingredients. And yet... I have not yet made the purchase. I'm hoping that either a) my aunt will find an extra one she can pass my way or b) I can find one used at Goodwill or another thrift store. So I am being patient, which I think is one of the main lessons I've learned from the voluntary simplicity movement anyway. Our society is so filled with instant gratification, but sometimes you just need to wait a little while to get what you want. And that is okay...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The thing about blenders is you want a good one. There is no substitute for a good industrial power blender...