Friday, October 17, 2008

Things I Have Purchased New...

I figured it was time to confess. These are the things I have purchased new since September 1st, complete with my justifications/excuses...

1. Post-It Notes (lots of them)
2. Books for my dissertation research that I couldn't find used
3. A new bicycle pump (because I really, really wanted to ride and couldn't wait to track down a used one)
4. A sauna suit to wear when I work out 
5. A copy of Self magazine (accompanied by a generous helping of ice cream as part of a bad day self-pity party)
6. A nice card to give to the boyfriend as an apology note (closely connected to purchase #5)

So... I still have a long ways to go, but I am feeling good about the small changes I've made and have been inspired by all those who are out there doing amazing things to make this world a better place. 

No comments: