Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Really Good Idea

My friend told me about something she is going to try this holiday season and I thought it was an idea worth sharing. It's about being grateful, and the concept is simple. Every day for a month (or longer) you write a note to someone telling them why you are grateful for him/her. I am going to do this in November and I know my biggest challenge will be actually mailing the notes. I've decided to do the following things to make this easier and more fun. First of all, I am going to address and put postage on a bunch of envelopes in advance so that I don't have to root around for addresses, stamps, etc. I am also going to make a bunch of homemade cards in advance (which is also keeping with The Compact and not buying a bunch of new cards) and also use some cards in the stockpile of store-bought cards I keep around "just in case." I am also going to try to actually get together (for a walk, some coffee) with some of the people who are physically close to me but whom I haven't seen in a long time. What better reason to get together than to let someone know how much he/she means to me? 

No comments: