Sunday, June 7, 2009

Simplicity and Cycling...

Yesterday my mom and I did a beautiful and challenging bike ride through a nearby National Park. The park was so seemingly empty that most of the day we had the place to ourselves. It was amazing to be able to ride along and actually hear and see the wildlife in their natural habitats. We were far less intrusive than we would have been in a car, and it gave me a new perspective on a place that I truly feel is magical. Next time, though, I'll bring more water and plan my food better... that should make the last 16 or so miles more enjoyable than they were yesterday... All in all, though, it was a beautiful day in a beautiful place. Small pleasures, small footprint on the earth, large gratitude for the good company and this wonderful place we all call our home. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ever heard of the book "In Defense of Food?"

the just of it the author sums up in this hai'ku

Eat food
Not too much
Mostly plants

It is definitely worth the read. SLightly different perspective then the China Study... GOOD STUFF!