Sunday, June 7, 2009

The 29 Day Challenge: Day #8 - Day #14

I know I've been remiss with this challenge's postings, but I have not been remiss in the giving-things-away department. Here's a recap of what I've been up to this week:

I've donated a couple carloads of stuff that I didn't even realize I had until I started going through desk drawers, closets, and other storage spaces. Hopefully, what had become unloved by me will find good homes. 

This week has made me realize that we really do need much less than we think we need. I've learned that I don't want to or need to store as much stuff. I want a space filled sparingly with useful and beautiful things, but I do not want or need closets stuffed with things that I only see when I pull them out and box them up and move them to a new home. 

Hopefully, by day 29 of this challenge my reasons for giving will be more altruistic than they are at this point. Honestly, it feels so good to lighten my load just a little bit more everyday. I don't think this is a bad kind of selfishness, but I do hope that I get more creative and selfless in my gifts. 


No comments: