Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The 29 Day Challenge: Day #1

What I Gave Away: 2 bags of books and clothes, some of which were mine and some of which belonged to my mom.

Who I Gave Them To: Angel View Crippled Children's foundation, which runs thrift stores that supports an organization committed to helping developmentally disabled youth become more independent.

Why: Honestly? It's where I always donate stuff. It supports a cause I believe in, but it's also a very conveniently-located drop off place.

What I Observed/Learned: They always ask me if I want a receipt and I always say no. I know that with all I've donated this year I could probably get myself a nice little tax write-off, but for me that would make the act too self-serving. I need to stay focused on the giving. I feel like having a quality organization that is always willing to accept donations and, in doing so, help me simplify my life, is more than enough.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA...

"...some of which were my moms"

We need to have a 1000 day challenge where every day we give away one thing that belongs to The Dad Man!

seekingsimplicity said...

@ Chester,
That would be nice...